20 things to do in Killarney
- Explore 26,000 acres of Killarney National Park and IT’S FREE!
- Take a boat trip through the Lakes of Killarney to Lord Brandon’s Cottage and a pony and trap through the Gap of Dunloe.
- Enjoy an invigorating hike up Torc Mountain for the best views of Killarney National Park.
- Visit Muckross House – it’s the jewel in the crown of Killarney National Park.
- Stroll through Killarney town and enjoy the food, the music and the craic!
- Explore Muckross Abbey at sunset.
- Take a selfie at Torc Waterfall.
- Rent a bicycle and cycle around Muckross and Dinis.
- Walk across the Old Weir Bridge at the Meeting of the Waters where the Lakes of Killarney meet.
- Test yourself on ‘Cardiac Hill’ on the front face of Torc Mountain.
- Go kayaking from Ross Castle in the tranquillity of the National Park.
- Enjoy a round at Killarney Golf and Fishing Club.
- Take a boat from Dundag across Muckross Lake to Dinis Cottage for refreshments.
- Walk through the Mossy Woods and the ancient Yew Woods on Arthur Young’s Walk at Muckross.
- Take a horse and carriage by the Lakes of Killarney.
- Hike up Carrauntoohil – Ireland’s highest mountain with the assistance of a guide.
- Go pony trekking.
- Admire the statue of Monsignor Hugh O’ Flaherty, one of Killarney’s great heroes.
- Go back in time at Muckross Traditional Farms.
Tours & Itineraries
Torc woodland, Killarney National Park
“Friars Glen was one of the highlights of our trip to Ireland located in a beautiful setting adjacent to the Killarney National Park. John and Mary were perfect hosts. The park is spectacular and Muckross Estate is a must see.”
P Kennedy, Payson, Arizona