20 things to do in Killarney
- Explore 26,000 acres of Killarney National Park and IT’S FREE!
- Take a boat trip through the Lakes of Killarney to Lord Brandon’s Cottage and a pony and trap through the Gap of Dunloe.
- Enjoy an invigorating hike up Torc Mountain for the best views of Killarney National Park.
- Visit Muckross House – it’s the jewel in the crown of Killarney National Park.
- Stroll through Killarney town and enjoy the food, the music and the craic!
- Explore Muckross Abbey at sunset.
- Take a selfie at Torc Waterfall.
- Rent a bicycle and cycle around Muckross and Dinis.
- Walk across the Old Weir Bridge at the Meeting of the Waters where the Lakes of Killarney meet.
- Test yourself on ‘Cardiac Hill’ on the front face of Torc Mountain.
- Go kayaking from Ross Castle in the tranquillity of the National Park.
- Enjoy a round at Killarney Golf and Fishing Club.
- Take a boat from Dundag across Muckross Lake to Dinis Cottage for refreshments.
- Walk through the Mossy Woods and the ancient Yew Woods on Arthur Young’s Walk at Muckross.
- Take a horse and carriage by the Lakes of Killarney.
- Hike up Carrauntoohil – Ireland’s highest mountain with the assistance of a guide.
- Go pony trekking.
- Admire the statue of Monsignor Hugh O’ Flaherty, one of Killarney’s great heroes.
- Go back in time at Muckross Traditional Farms.
Tours & Itineraries
Explore The Ring of Kerry, The Skelligs, Dingle Peninsula, Beara Peninsula, Cork City, Blarney, Cobh and more…
Torc woodland, Killarney National Park
“Friars Glen was one of the highlights of our trip to Ireland located in a beautiful setting adjacent to the Killarney National Park. John and Mary were perfect hosts. The park is spectacular and Muckross Estate is a must see.”
P Kennedy, Payson, Arizona