The Lodge at Friars Glen is located adjacent to Friars Glen Country House.
If you are using a GPS system and travelling to Killarney from the north, east or west, then may we suggest you use the GPS to guide you to Killarney town first.
From Killarney, take the N71 south towards Kenmare/Muckross House and Gardens for 4 km approx. Turn left immediately after Muckross Park Hotel (L3016). Travel on this road for 300m and turn right.
If you are travelling from Kenmare, travel north on N71, turn right immediately before Muckross Park Hotel (L3016). Travel for 300m and turn right.
Distance to Friars Glen from…
- Cork Airport – 95km – 1.5 hour drive
- Shannon Airport – 130km – 2 hour drive
- Dublin Airport – 300km – 4 hour drive
Nearby Pubs and Restaurants
- 300m – Local Pub serving food and Yew Tree Restaurant at Muckross Park Hotel.
- 2km – A number of hotels, restaurants and pubs serving bar food.
- 4km – Killarney town with a superb selection of pubs, cafes and restaurants and some great nightlife venues too. Taxis are easily available.
“Our stay at Friars Glen was fantastic. The house is a short walk to Muckross House and Abbey and steps away from Killarney National Park. The walking paths are majestic! There are a herd of deer that hang out on the property and you can hear them call to each other at night.”